Plagued by less than taut skin but don’t want to go the surgical route? From your face and your neck to your stomach and beyond, loose skin can be treated nonsurgically with skin-tightening devices, which offer real results—in record time—making them totally worth the expense. “Skin tighteners are safe for all skin types and colors. They are not long procedures—30 minutes at most. And, when used on the face, they tighten skin in a way that is really natural.
How it works: With a handful of options to choose from, skin-tightening machines, make use of radio-frequency or ultrasound energy, infrared light or direct heat to tighten skin from the inside out. With each treatment (six to eight every one to two weeks are needed, as well as annual maintenance treatments), the skin tightens as new collagen grows via the energy source that was emitted.
What to expect: For the best results, you need to have some loose skin but firm muscles. It can take three to six months for the results to appear. You can’t beat the results you get for the price without having to undergo anesthesia and a recovery period.
The benefits: Skin tighteners are pain- and downtime-free. It’s a great option for someone who doesn’t want to spend what surgery costs or isn’t ready for surgery but wants to fix the laxity.
The cost factor: Skin tightening Treatments (most machines are not first-generation and major research dollars have gone into fine-tuning them) don’t put nearly as big of a dent in your bank account as surgery. A skin tightener isn’t even in the same ballpark price- wise. There’s no downtime and next to no risk.
This Information is Brought to you courtesy of Dr. Bishara and The Paragon Plastic Surgery & Med Spa
Enhancing your appearance with skin rejuvenation and resurfacing
1.8 Billion was spent on skin rejuvenation procedures in 2012
If you want to improve the appearance of your skin, skin rejuvenation or resurfacing may be right for you.
Skin rejuvenation can be achieved in a number of ways, ranging from laser, light and other energy-based treatments to chemical peels and other non-ablative methods. The result is a smoother, clearer and more youthful appearance to your skin.
What can skin rejuvenation treat?
Skin rejuvenation is a treatment to resurface your skin, or to improve the texture, clarity and overall appearance of your skin.
Conditions that can be treated include:
- Static wrinkles: These wrinkles are visible at all times and do not change in appearance with facial movements.
- Dynamic wrinkles: These are expression lines that may appear as folds when the skin is not moving, and deepen with facial movements or expressions.
- Pigmentation: Freckles, sun spots, melasma, or other darkened patches of skin result mainly from sun exposure.
- Scars: As the result of acne or injury to the skin, scars may be rolling (a wavy appearance to the skin), pitted, discolored, or have raised borders.
- Vascular conditions: Blood vessels visible on the surface of the skin, vascular lesions that appear as tiny blood filled blisters or even a constant flush of facial redness.
- Loss of skin tone: Weakening of the supportive skin structure (collagen and elastin fibers) that results in a loss of skin firmness, or the development of cellulite.
Is it right for me?
While not as involved as surgical cosmetic procedures, skin rejuvenation is a medical procedure. You should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone else’s desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image.
Skin rejuvenation is an option for you if:
- You are physically healthy
- You don’t smoke
- You have a positive outlook and specific, but realistic goals in mind for the improvement of your appearance.
One of the most popular anti-aging procedures is skin resurfacing for many reasons. Please contact the office of Dr. Mark Bishara and The Paragon Plastic Surgery & Med Spa to see why. Visit us at www.MarkBisharaMD.com or call (817) 473-2120.